The refund policies for deposits paid for study at City.
All deposits are non-refundable unless:
- You fail to meet the entry conditions
- You fail to secure your Student visa for any reason other than the provision of fraudulent information and are able to evidence this to the reasonable satisfaction of the institution
- You cancel the Contract within 14 days of the date that you formally accepted your Offer
- The institution terminates the Contract in accordance with Clause 10 of the terms and conditions and is unable to find a replacement programme for which you are qualified and which you are happy with.
Please read our Terms and Conditions for full information about City's deposits policies.
To request a refund of your deposit, please complete a refund request.
City must make refunds back to the same bank account or debit/credit card that you used to pay us.
Further information on the refund process:
- If you originally pay by debit/credit card, when sending your refund request we do not require your card details again, as we securely store them when you make payment
- If you originally pay by a bank transfer from a UK bank account, you will need to provide the original bank account details (full bank name and address, sort code, bank account number and account holder name)
- If you originally pay by a bank transfer from overseas, you will need to provide the following information: full bank name, full bank address, payee name, swift code or routing number, bank account number/IBAN number. You will also need to attach a copy of the original bank transfer
- If you originally pay by Cheque or cash, you will need to provide the original bank details (full bank name and address, sort code, bank account number and account holder name).
Before the University can process your refund to a bank account you will need to supply a copy of the bank statement or receipt which clearly shows when the fees were originally paid to us.
The bank details on the bank statement/receipt must match the bank account details that you ask us to refund to. This way we can be certain that we are paying the money back to the same account that was used to pay us.