The Researcher Development Programme offers optional training sessions enabling you to learn from, and meet with, a wider network of academics and fellow Doctoral Researchers, while subject-specific courses will be provided by your School.
What can I expect from the Researcher Development Programme (DRDP) this year?
Most of the sessions for the 2021/22 academic year will be delivered online, and are delivered by both academic staff within City, as well as colleagues within Professional Services Teams i.e. Learning Enhancement and Development (LEaD) and research support via Library Services..
In addition, the Doctoral College works closely with City Students' Union, which provides a range of mental health and wellbeing, as well as study skills workshops, that are available (but are not exclusive) to Doctoral Researchers
How can I book sessions within Research Manager?
To book yourself into a Researcher Development Programme (DRDP) session, you will need to login to Research Manager, using your City email address and password. If you have two City emails, please use your primary email.
We have a created a short training video, which provides a brief overview of the course booking functionality. From the landing page, scroll down until you see 'eLearning' with a small image of a person (directly to the right of the title Research Manager). Again, in order to access the training, please use your city email address.
In addition, we have also created a guidance document for more detailed information.
If you experience difficulties booking into the DRDP session, please email the Training and Development Coordinator.
Researcher Development Programme (DRDP) workshops for 2021/22
You will need to login to Research Manager, so that you can be taken directly to the course booking page.
- 20/10/21 at 14:00-16:00 - Performing a literature search for a Systematic Review.
Book by 17/10/21
- 21/10/21 at 10:00-10:45 - Copyright for SMCSE Research Students.
Book by 18/10/21
- 29/10/21 at 14:00-16:00 - Entrepreneurship. Building and leading high performing teams.
Book by 22/10/21
- 04/11/21 at 10:00-10:45 - Copyright for SASS Research Students.
Book by 29/10/21
- 10/11/21 at 10:00-10:45 - Copyright for Bayes Research Students.
Book by 06/11/21
- 18/11/21 at 15:00-16:30 - Preparing for your Viva.
Book by 11/11/21
- 22/11/21 at 14:00-16:00 - Entrepreneurship. Business model development and business model canvas.
Book by 15/11/21
- 13/12/21 at 14:00-16:00 - Entrepreneurship. Finance and accounting for entrepreneurs.
Book by 6/12/21
- 26/01/22 at 14:00-16:00 - Performing a literature search for a Systematic Review.
Book by 21/1/22
- 15/02/22 at 14:00-16:00 - Entrepreneurship. Pitching and Communication Skills.
Book by 8/2/22
- 23/02/22 at 15:00-16:30 - Preparing for your Viva.
Book by 16/2/22
- 19/05/22 at 10:00-16:00 - How to Write Your PhD Methodology Chapter.
Book by 13/5/22
- 22/06/22 at 14:00-16:00 - Performing a literature search for a Systematic Review.
Book by 17/6/22