Boards of Studies have delegated authority from Senate for the maintenance of academic standards and quality within their academic subject area.
Our Boards of Studies
There are currently seven Board of studies:
School of Arts and Social Sciences
- Chair: Professor Juliet John
- Secretary: Kate Kelsey
Bayes Business School
- Chair: Professor Paolo Volpin
- Secretary: Claire Stack
School of Health Sciences
- Chair: Professor Debra Salmon
- Secretary: Waheeda Dhansey
School of Mathematics, Computer Science and Engineering
- Chair: Professor Rajkumar Roy
- Secretary: Kim Edmunds
The City Law School
- Chair: Professor Andrew Stockley
- Secretary: Lorraine Price
Department for Learning Enhancement and Development
- Chair: Professor Pam Parker (Interim)
- Secretary: Colin Brightwell
The Doctoral College
- Chair: Professor Stephen Cottrell
- Secretary: Carlos de Luna Lopez
Equality and Diversity statement
City, University of London is committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion in all its activities, processes, and culture, under its Public Sector Equality Duties and the Equality Act 2010.
This includes promoting equality and diversity for all, irrespective of any protected characteristic, working pattern, family circumstance, socio-economic background, political belief or other irrelevant distinction.
Diverse membership of all committees is expected. Wherever possible membership will consist of at least 30% women and 30% men and representation of other protected groups will be actively considered. Where this has not been met committees should be able to demonstrate what action has been taken to achieve this target.