Reviewing and developing the University’s quality and standards framework for credit and award-bearing partnerships.
Terms of Reference
- To review and develop the University’s quality and standards framework for credit- and award-bearing partnerships.
- To utilise existing good practice within the University (e.g. validation) and at other institutions in developing an appropriate framework.
- To identify strategic issues relating to collaborative provision for consideration by Executive Committee.
Membership and Composition
- Associate Dean for Academic Quality and Standards, Bayes Business School (Chair)
- Dean of Validation Director of International Affairs, School of Arts and School of Social Sciences
- Head of Department of Optometry and Visual Science and Chair of Course Board for City and Islington College
- Director of Academic Services
- Assistant Director (Partnerships and Academic Governance), Academic Services (Secretary)
Planned work of the Group 2011-12
The following areas of work to be taken forward by the Collaborative Provision Working Group have been agreed by Senate as part of the Learning and Teaching Operational Plan 2011-12:
- Review of Stage 0 including site visits – initial discussion in November 2011; recommendations in January 2012
- Embedding of partnerships in academic policies – update in November 2011; recommendations in January 2012
- Framework for joint and dual awards – initial discussion in January 2012; recommendations in March 2012
- Wider infrastructure – update in January 2012 and March 2012; recommendations in May 2012
- Link Tutor role: review of title and clarification of responsibilities as part of implementation of Link Tutor review recommendations – update/recommendations March 2012
If you would like to see records of Committee meetings, please visit our archived pages.